Friday, October 31, 2014

Menswear Inspired: Oversized Cardigan and Loafers

Oversized cardigan and shorts 05 Oversized cardigan and shorts 06 Oversized cardigan and shorts 04 Oversized cardigan and shorts 07 Black and white loafers 01
Cardigan: Gap (similar) | Shirt: Esprit (similar)
| Shorts: Forever 21 (similar) | Loafers: Joe Fresh (similar)
| Satchel: Zara (similar) |  Earrings: Old Navy (similar)

I borrowed hubby's cardigan to keep warm when wearing this outfit to a restaurant for dinner, and liked it so much that I had repeated this look many times after, sometimes swapping the cardigan out for a sweater and adding black tights for extra warmth. I also admit that these ever-so-slightly-masculine-looking loafers were the inspiration to add the men's cardigan, I thought the oversized and slouchy knit and the black and white shoes mixed well.

These loafers are one of my favourite purchases this year. It has the comfort of flats, but also the tailored and sophisticated look of formal shoes - how can anybody not love them? I foresee myself wearing these to death once going back to work, maybe I should be preemptive and look for a second pair. Just kidding. Or am I? 

You may also be interested in:
borrowed sweater
Green Peacoat and Men's Sweater
mens sweater
Men's Striped Sweater and Gingham Shirt
mens button down
Chunky Knit Sweater and Men's Button Down
mens wool sweater
Men's Sweater and Gingham

No comments:

Post a Comment