Friday, October 11, 2013

Wedding Attire: Tweed Jacket and Pleated Dress

RWCo cape coat, Joe Fresh pleated dress, Vera Wang spiked flats RWCo cape coat, Joe Fresh pleated dress, Vera Wang spiked flats RWCo cape coat, Joe Fresh pleated dress, Vera Wang spiked flats Dynamite tweed jacket, Joe Fresh pleated dress, Zara metal plate belt, Vera Wang spiked flats Dynamite tweed jacket, Joe Fresh pleated dress, Zara metal plate belt, Vera Wang spiked flats RWCo cape jacket, Old Navy orange and teal earrings Vera Wang spiked flats
Poncho Jacket: RW&Co (similar) | Tweed Blazer: Dynamite Dress: Joe Fresh (here
| Belt: Zara (similar| Earrings: Old Navy | Bracelets: DIY 
| Spiked-Toe Flats: Vera Wang from Kohl's (similarPurse: Sears

Due to the baby bump, I had a hard time finding something to wear for our friend's wedding - I really only had 2 choices: this one, and this maxi dress worn here). 

Since the wedding has a lunch reception, I ended up going with the shorter dress for a more casual look. The color-blocking and pleats on this dress won over me when I first saw it at Joe Fresh earlier this year. (Joe Fresh does pleats so well, as seen in this patterned skirt worn here) Oh, and versatility - I wore it in its original shift dress form (paired with one of my many ankle strap heels) a few months ago to attend another friend's engagement dinner. I'm definitely looking forward to wearing it more casually next summer. 

I wore a pair of Steve Madden's Real Love ankle strap heels for the ceremony, but had to change out of them into these flats for stability and comfort after that. Aren't these the cutest? They remind me of Sam Edelman's spiked shoes, but at a more affordable price point. I do have to say that the gatherings did irritate my the sides of my feet after walking for a while. I guess my tolerance for comfort has declined significantly nowadays. 

2 comments:

  1. These pics are fantastic - I love that poncho jacket with the cute pleats peeking out from underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! This poncho jacket was definitely a good buy and is one of the few jackets I have that I can wear to formal occasions.

      Delete