Friday, October 18, 2013

Floral Print Jacket and Distressed Denim

Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum, Old Navy distressed maternity jeans, Steve Madden fringe boots Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum, Old Navy distressed maternity jeans, Steve Madden fringe boots Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum, Old Navy distressed maternity jeans, Steve Madden fringe boots Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum, Old Navy distressed maternity jeans, Nine West chain purse Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum Phillip Lim for Target peplum tank, Phillip Lim x Target floral peplum, Old Navy distressed maternity jeans Steve Madden fringe boots, Steve Madden tassel boots, brown suede fringe boots
Floral blouse: Phillip Lim x Target (here) | Jeans: Old Navy Maternity (similar)
| Purse: Nine West (similar) | Fringe Boots: Steve Madden (here)

Wearing something feminine with distressed boyfriend jeans just seems natural. I loved this floral print (there is a bit of orange, perfect for this Thanksgiving and Halloween season) the moment I laid my eyes on it at the Phillip Lim for Target collaboration launch. Upon a closer look, I was happy to find that it also is a peplum - a style I find so flattering on shorter gals such as myself.

I'm wearing this blouse as a jacket layered over a long sleeved shirt since the weather is chilly. I can't wait to wear it in the summer by itself with the zipper zipped all the way up.

Here is a secret confession: I call these jeans BF jeans, but actually they are skinny jeans that I just sized up to add more comfort in the belly area. (Shopping for a well-fitted pair of jeans or pants is a lot of effort, adding the Maternity criteria to it just makes it worse, as the belly band is a new feature to consider. But this one was a happy compromise that I can live with.)

Mentioned Items:

2 comments:

  1. that is a gorgeous top!! love how you styled it!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dez for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete