Friday, October 25, 2013

Winter Favorites: Plaid Coat and Elbow Patch Cardigan

Zara Plaid coat, Zara checked coat, Zara cape plaid coat with hood RWCo elbow patch cardigan, JCrew stripe shirt Zara Plaid coat, Zara checked coat, Zara cape plaid coat with hood RWCo elbow patch cardigan, JCrew stripe shirt, Gap purse Rwco elbow patch cardigan, Ardene bow flats, gap purse, JCrew stripe shirt Ardene Red bow tie flats
Jacket: Zara (similar) | Cardigan: RW&Co (similar) | Shirt: J.Crew (similar)
| Sunglasses: Joe Fresh | Earrings: Betsey Johnson
| Leggings: Old Navy Maternity | Shoes: Ardene (similar) | Purse: Gap

I bought this jacket from Zara last year on sale (would not have been possible if plaid and check patterns were as popular as this year) and have been in love with it ever since (see posts here, herehere, here....). Its pattern and cape-like silhouette combined makes it a perfect early winter coat for me, and has actually been perfect for the growing baby bump as well. 

This elbow-patch cardigan has also been one of the most hard-working pieces ever since I got it 2 years ago (see posts here, here, and here). I have worn it and laundered it countless times, and somehow it still looks as decent as when I first bought it.

It's always so tempting to go out and buy new pieces to adhere to the latest trends, especially with the constant showcasing from Instagram, Pinterest, and blogs - items like this coat and this cardigan however encourage me to stop myself a lot of times a little bit. Classic and good quality pieces are what will give me the best bang for the buck, and the ability to wear the same thing multiple ways is what will polish my style. There, pep talk of the day.

Mentioned similar items:

No comments:

Post a Comment